FitnessCodes , (“we”, “our”, “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our website terms and conditions that apply to your use) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is FitnessCodes.co.uk
Information We May Collect from You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.fitnesscodes.co.uk (the “Website”). This includes information provided at the time of registering for our newsletter, posting discounts and other material or contacting us. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with a discount code or the Website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- If you enter one of our competitions we will keep a copy of the data you submit to us.
- Details of your visits to our Website, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data and the resources that you access.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer or mobile device, including where available your device identifier, IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration, to report aggregate information to our business users and for marketing purposes. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your usage of the Website by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer or the internal memory of your mobile device. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive or your mobile device’s internal memory. They help us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Website according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our Website.
If you register with the Website or sign up for any of our newsletters, we will send you information about discount codes, deals, sales or other products and services we feel may interest you.
You can sign up to our newsletter through submitting your email address at any of the sign up boxes featured throughout the Website. By providing your email address you agree to receive regular newsletter emails from the Website.
You can unsubscribe from receiving our newsletter by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link featured within each of our newsletters. Alternatively, recipients can edit their personal information or manage newsletter subscriptions by updating their information within their user profile.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you, your computer and mobile device.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in competitions and interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To provide you with marketing services.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you.
We have implemented Google Analytics including Google Analytics Demographics. We use information from Google Analytics to gain understanding and insights about the nature of our audience and how they interact with our products and services (holistically not individually). You can opt out of Google Analytics when using the Website here.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to other third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If FitnessCodes.co.uk or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of FitnessCodes.co.uk, our customers, or others.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us.
The Website or our App may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
You the visitor or customer, should assume that any and all links in this website are affiliate links. If you utilise these links and visit the resulting site, a cookie may be set in your web browser that will cause us to receive compensation if you make a purchase. Purchasing through these affiliate links pays for the costs of running the website and allows us to provide bigger and better discounts.
To unsubscribe from our newsletter please sign in to your account and update your preferences on the Email Options tab. Alternatively you can reply to one of our Newsletters with ‘UNSUBSCRIBE’ in the subject line or by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link featured within each of our newsletters.